In the welding field the ultrasounds are used to cold-weld some thermoplastic material or light metals. It is the quickest heat-welding technology available at the moment.
The automotive field is one of the most representative branches for the ultrasonic welding.
ADVANTAGES OF ULTRASONIC WELDING
- extremely reduced times (takes place within a few tenths of a second)
- immediate effectiveness (the pieces can be re-used immediately)
- perfect for series welding
- low energy consumption
- silent processing process (ultrasounds are not audible to the human ear)
- machining on parts difficult to reach